XAPPmedia™ is a fast-growing startup in Washington, D.C. in the digital audio space. We are audiophiles, podcast addicts, and music aficionados. Our goal is to help publishers of digital audio content to continue to provide content free of charge, through advertising. Our first product, XAPP Ads™ (an interactive audio ad unit), is currently being utilized by NPR within the NPR One and NPR News apps and we are integrating with other major digital audio publishers, including broadcast radio stations using the jacapps technology.
We are looking to add a Server Development Intern to our team.
As a XAPPmedia Server Intern you will:
- Work to create and improve backend services.
- Work closely with senior developers to improve XAPPmedia voice recognition technology.
- Learn industry standard design and implementation methodologies for scalable architecture and cloud deployment strategies.
- Be a part of an agile development team and startup working on cutting edge advertising technology.
- Help improve the Build, CI and CA process of a corporate software ecosystem.
Successful Applicant Qualities:
- Background in Computer Science
- Strong fundamentals in Java
- Familiarity with unix systems
- Familiarity with databases (bonus for MySQL)
- A passion for software development
- Professional demeanor, proactive and diligent worker
- Work portfolio
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with python.
- A background in audio and sound related fields (music, film, radio etc...).
- Github experience is a major plus.